30 January 2024

'Bootleg' Girl Scout Cookies

Middle of last week, somebody posted that his granddaughter would be at the North Texas Irish Festival's Volunteer meeting on Sunday, selling Girl Scout Cookies.  I generally send a few boxes to the troops, or whatever is the group's local charity (some donate to soup kitchens or shelters), and the friends with whom I was staying asked for a box of Thin Mints®.

However, when I got to the ballroom at the hotel where the meeting was occurring, the cookies were being packed up and removed.  I was disappointed, thinking I missed the timeslot when the girl could be there, or sales weren't allowed during the meeting proper.  No, it turned out the hotel didn't want the sales onsite.  So, her grandfather announced at the start of the meeting, they would take orders during the meeting, and you could pick up from the vehicle in the parking lot after the meeting.  Yup, in the best Irish manner, a workaround was created, and we all joked about our bootleg Girl Scout cookies for the rest of the morning.


The rest of the weekend was fun:  Two plays, a new pizza place, tacos (different meal), visiting with friends.  I got some rest, and decided to skip the Yoga Boot Camp on Monday because it began at 5:00am locally and I am not that dedicated.

I did get knitting done, of course:

The scarf on the right was knitted on Saturday, and a bit at the meeting on Sunday.  It's just garter stitch of a handdyed acrylic skein I bought at the last DFW Fiber Fest.  The other is the Ghost Ranch Cowl done in Whimzee Stitches DK Deluxe "Maxed Dallas", their 2022 show colourway.  Very yummy yarn, and I won't keep it because there's more pink in the colourway than I like, but somebody should enjoy it.  I made a hat from the yarn and will re-do it in the same stitch pattern.  In the photo I was still working on the (remainder of the) first skein, and now I am well into the second, and it's moving nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment