26 June 2022

My first Anna Dress

At the Stitches@Home earlier this month, I took a class to make the Anna Dress.  The designer taught us how to adjust to fit our shape, whether flat or curvy, tall or short, etc.  I hadn't sewn for myself in a long time, partly due to the time required, partly due to fitting issues, and partly because my sewing machine needs some attention.  The second part of the class occurred while I was at my parents' for Fathers Day, so I was able to work on it there, using my mother's sewing machine.

I must say, I like the end result:

It is comfy, and stylish, and fits like a dream, and has pockets!  This was an optional add-on except that several of us said nope, pockets are not 'optional'!  I added the belt, which is the same part of the print as the neckline edging.  Now I plan to go back to Joann's for more fabric - once my sewing machine is back from the mechanic.

I finished a book, so I have six done for the year, halfway to my announced goal.  This was Take My Life by Eddie Cantor (with Jane Kesner Ardmore), a name-dropping reminiscence.  An old book but fun enough to read.

I finished all of the scarves reported last week, plus a fourth that had been in-progress which I'd left at home.  Thick yarn works up quickly in garter stitch, especially when I am watching movies, or baseball games, or on aeroplanes.  And I was on more flights this week, as I came to Texas for a work meeting that starts on Monday, and of course came in to spend the weekend visiting friends.  After all, I haven't been here since March of 2020!  I arrived in time for a matinee on Saturday, then a group of us went to a local for their prime rib special.  I didn't set up a weekend full of shows as I often did in the past, partly because of the early flight Saturday morning, partly because I wanted time to see and talk with people.  So that's what we did.

Sundays I have a cinema class, and attended for a very good and wide ranging discussion of the films we've seen.  Now for a quiet evening before work tomorrow, and going to the hotel for the meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment