28 August 2022

Horsing around. (Memories)

I could have uploaded the previous post earlier, once I decided I was done with it, but have been traveling again (family) and didn't.  So these come close together.

Facebook reminded me that seven years ago I finished this:

There was no pattern, just a photograph.  Somebody I knew (our paths no longer cross, due to pandemic cancellation of the activities when we would usually encounter each other, and not being Facebook friends and so on) commissioned it from me based only on a photograph.  So I had to figure out how to make it.

She reported at the time:
[The horse] had a peaceful night out of cat range and will go to Old Lyme to meet his new person in a couple of hours. Right now he is still on top of the jelly cabinet looking down at me. Baby boy (fill in a name) will love it when he starts exploring. I think the large animal and horse vet mom will like it also. She just has to put it away for awhile so it does not become a dog or cat bed.

I hope the horse has been well-loved in that time, whether by the now-named boy or others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another memory came up earlier in the week:
Chemo caps for my cousin Pat in Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox colours.
On top of a baby blanket my mother "commissioned" as a gift for someone with whom she works.

Sadly, Pat lost her fight with cancer a few years later.  I was told she was buried wearing one of my hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment