31 October 2022

The crazy quilt of responsibilties.

I didn't post for the last week because I did a whirlwind two days in Texas going to three plays and a local church's fall bazaar.  I would have added a fourth play but I had to go to a conference, where I was part of a panel on Sunday and then extremely busy at sessions and doing leadership-level stuff most of the week.  When I finally had downtime, there was work to do.

One of the leadership things is heading Team Turtle, which goes out every day for a walk.  I started it in response to the runners group, as not all of us can run.  Team Turtle's mascot joined us for the walks:

We passed the deli every day but didn't stop to sample, which I plan to do if I get back to Las Vegas someday.

My conference badge shows how much I do:

                            

As I said when posting it on LinkedIn, the crazy quilt at the bottom is legitimate roles and responsibilities; the black ones are just for fun.  I've been told they are just as legitimate.

The networking activity didn't go quite as I had planned, but people had fun and since we had more prizes than people I let everybody pick something.  Despite the chaos people told me they had fun, which was the important thing.  I already have an idea for next year's activity.

I had a very busy work day when I returned home, after working on the long flights and layover, then Saturday went for a final stock-up before the farmstand closes until the holidays.  I placed a delivery order with another local farm for additional items, which will arrive on Thursday.  This should keep me until I go to family for Thanksgiving week.  After I got home I pulled some chicken from the freezer, and cooked it using the instructions on a packet of seasoning I purchased during a friend's Pampered Chef party.  I substituted vegetables I have on hand (sweet potato, onion, corn) for the carrots and peas, used the drained tomato juice and a splash of wine for the liquid, and it came out very tasty.  I have enough leftovers to last until the other items are delivered.

Happily, a loaf of oatmeal raisin pumpkin spice bread I bought at the fall festival survived the travels other than being slightly squished, and thick slices have been yummy breakfasts since I returned home.


Finishing Things

While I haven't finished all my resolutions, I have made progress.  I finished another book, which means I have read thirteen so far this year - more than my blog commitment and my Goodreads commitment.  I am almost done with another, that I took with me on the trip.

As far as knitted and crocheted items, I still need to begin the cardigan and complete the second sock but have finished almost everything else listed in my resolutions.  While traveling I made a scarf for charity and started a second, and after getting home finished another that had been so close to finished I didn't want to take it with me.  In addition to the knitted one started whilst traveling and which I left in the car, I began a crocheted one and did 29" yesterday while in various online gatherings.  So far the tally of things finished this year is 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment