26 November 2022

Thankfuls, Part 3

Continuing for the month: 

20:  Credit to people who are supportive, as without encouragement I never would have started making soufflés for my parents!  The soufflés have a story, the short version of which is that after I saw Franklin Habit achieve it without hyperventilating, I decided that I would try it.  I managed one for myself.  When I was helping my parents remove things from high shelves and sort through what was not used, one item was a soufflé dish.  I offered to make one while they decided what to do with it.  They kept the dish and it has become a tradition that I make one every time I visit.

21: Thankful that I have a good boss (although I still miss my old one) and colleagues who work together and support each other well.

       I also posted forward this Facebook memory of a post from 2012:

Thankful for my family, in so very many ways.  (Except maybe the teeth-of-chalk, wide feet, and bad eyes. And my dad's sense of humour about half the time.)

22: Thankful for my uncle's thoughfulness in organizing his finances.  What I haven't talked about much is that when he became disabled in 2018, we found out that he'd appointed me to hold his Powers of Attorney, and also to be his successor Trustee.  Most of his assets were in, or designated to become part of, his trust.  This has made things much easier for me to resolve since his death.

23:  As always on the 23rd, thankful for my baby brother.  He is hardly a baby anymore, but he’s still the younger by almost three years.


 
24: Thankful for the native persons who helped the first Europeans to survive in their new continent.

25: Thankful for a quieter work day, and for leftovers, and the family with whom I ate the original meal two days ago.

When traveling, I write something on my mask -
a quote from a birthday person, or a significant
event that happened on that date.
This seemed most appropriate for flying this year.

26: Thankful for all the small businesses! I do what I can to support them instead of big businesses. I did my share of that today.


No comments:

Post a Comment