19 December 2022

Time and Team.

I have been busy with work and other things, so this will be a short post and I'll try to catch up later this month.  As I told somebody, about the only break I had all week was performing in an online version of "Alice in Wonderland" - which was fun, and I was glad to have a fairly small part so I could enjoy the other performances.  As somebody who is usually backstage, the creativity of real performers always amazes me.


A friend posted something about a gift I'd sent last Christmas, and I want to add a bit to it.  We're both fans of Time Team, something to which my friends introduced me during a visit to their home, because they like to watch shows while they eat supper.  Being a curious person who loves history and mysteries, I became addicted to the series as well.  And when they announced that they would bring the group back together, I was as excited as anybody.

On October 23, 2021, they asked people for thoughts about their return.   Here's what I posted:

"What am I most excited about with Time Team returning, and why?" I like seeing how the team pulls archaeology, geophysics, and everything together to give a complete picture of the people of a location and how they live. Too often seeing it in videos or museums or books it's just "here's a thing" and it's hard to see it in context and understand why it's important other than being an old thing. I love seeing the excitement of finds and the realization of how the puzzle pieces come together, even when it's not the expected picture in the end. 

You can read the rest of the story on my friend's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment