31 December 2022

Looking Back

As many people do this time of year, I am looking back to see what I have accomplished.  Starting with my original set of resolutions, most of which I have accomplished.  As of the last day of 2022, I am still working on the second sock that was one of my carry-over UFOs:


That's just shy of the heel on the in-progress sock, with two or three rounds of the gusset to go before I could turn the heel.

According to the chart I kept, I finished fifty-two knitted or crocheted items this year, which works out to one per week.  Not a huge output compared to some, but satisfactory.  Three were for my grandmother and six for me, which should please my mother who thinks I make too many things to donate to charities or give to others and not enough for myself.

In terms of reading, I set the bar low, because the previous year I didn't find a good focus.  So I ended up exceeding my intentions, completely reading eighteen books:

I did read parts of others, two of which are pending to be finished in January (one at my bedside, one in my parents' guest room), and a couple which I gave up on without finishing.  Life is too short to read bad books.  Maybe they will be to somebody else's taste.

Am acquaintance posted that she read 73 books this year, so eighteen isn't much, but I am pleased with the number, especially since three had over 500 pages each.  Plus I do a lot of other reading, mostly periodicals.  I've been piling up the unread magazines and am working through them quite steadily.

Goodreads did an analysis of the books I read, which is a very eclectic assortment:

 

Back to the sock while I watch TCM's annual "Thin Man" marathon.  Part of the reason the sock is not further along is a very exciting Fiesta Bowl.  Sadly, U Michigan managed to keep their bowl games losing streak alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment