03 December 2023

Not much to show.

At work we had a virtual department retreat, so for two days were mostly in those meetings.  I had a presentation first thing on the second day, and no guidance other than the topic, but apparently people liked it and didn't say "but what about ....?" at the end.

So most of the other days were making up meetings and so on with business persons.  So not much time for other things, especially since most of the yarny projects I have are fiddly and need attention.


This weekend my parents needed things done, which we scheduled around football games.  Key was the Michigan-Iowa State game, and the outcome means we will definitely be watching the Rose Bowl.

I've been getting Channukah packages packed to mail, and trying to finish a couple hats, which aren't going to be done in time, so luckily the couple is mixed and celebrates everything from Thanksgiving to Twelfth Night.  The hats will be done and appear before then!  No photos - could be spoilers!

Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities.  I know many persons with disabilities of all kinds, including family members, and when in law school clerked at the Legal Clinic for the Disabled.  We have a long way to go in terms of accessibility, but progress has been made.

Not a long post this week, because I'm tired, partly due to a late game last night, and partly because today included several hours of clearing half of my parents' garage.  Being the youngest, I got to move boxes.  Mostly of books.  You know the saying?
          >  Friends will help you move.
          >  Real friends help you move bodies.
          >  The best of friends help you move books.
I love my parents.  💕

No comments:

Post a Comment